That we live in a world that is increasingly computerised and dependent on technological change is a fact, but to what extent will this technology, this virtual world, increasingly absorb what we now consider to be our real world?Continue reading
Are you planning an online event? Here we give you 5 tips to help your speakers
1. Your space
- Find a quiet place without noises that may interfere with your presentation and do not type or make noises with the pen on the table, at home you will hardly notice them, but the audience and the other speakers will find it very annoying.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Look at what you have behind you, the more neutral and neat the background, the better.
- Make sure the light is coming from behind your webcam, and is not located on the ceiling or behind you. Diffused light is more favorable
2. Use the same computer and internet connection for testing and the event
- Test the available bandwidth, via cable if possible, and make sure that no one is using your Internet line, especially if they are using high data traffic at the time of your presentation (e.g., watching movies or downloading large files).
- Try to use a headset with a built-in microphone instead of speaking through the computer’s microphone, and make sure that the video and audio of the platform are working perfectly.
- Turn off any apps you don’t need, especially those with notifications such as mail, Whatsapp, etc.
- Adjust your camera, place it in a position in front of you.
3. Get familiar with technology
- Make sure you know the basic operation of the platform and the communication channels with the technical team to contact them if you have any doubts.
- Learn to recognize when your microphone is on or muted, it is very important to avoid problems and uncomfortable situations during the event.
- Make sure your body position is well positioned on the screen, do not stand too high or too low, do not get too close to the camera and maintain an upright position at all times.
- Rehearse your presentation on your own before the general rehearsals with the technical team, the more you rehearse, the less nervous you will be. Attend technical rehearsals punctually and pay attention to familiarize yourself with the entire rundown. Don’t worry if it doesn’t go perfectly, that’s what rehearsals are for..
4. During presentation
- Try to make slow body movements.
- Control the rhythm and timing of the presentation.
- Look directly at the webcam, it is your audience. Don’t keep your eyes on the other participants, you can look at them from time to time, but you are addressing the audience, just like a host on a tv show.
- Relax and be natural, if something goes wrong or you can’t find a word, don’t get nervous, transmit freshness and professionalism and everything will be great.
Need help with your virtual event?
HYBRID MEETINGS by NH is an innovative network of permanent sets connected to each other for hybrid events.
- A service created with the aim of bringing people together in a safe way, with the highest healthcare protocols and the latest audiovisual technology from BMOTION.
- In Spain, it is available in six hotels (Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Santiago, Seville and Bilbao) although it is possible to organize it in any city with NH presence.
We have joined forces with NH Hotel Group to introduce an innovative network of fixed installation sets, with the aim of bringing people together in a safe environment..
The sets, part of the Hybrid Meetings by NH proposal, are equipped with the latest BMOTION technology and operated by our expert digital event production team. In addition, they are connected to each other so that virtual and hybrid events can be held both from a single venue and by connecting several of them, so that you can hold professional, more secure and more efficient meetings in terms of costs and logistics.
A solution for you to enjoy the benefits of a 100% face-to-face event, with all the added advantages of a virtual event, and multiple functionalities to make your hybrid events even more interactive.
Through a point-to-point connection, broadcast quality and in real time, these sets allow broadcasting single or simultaneous meetings from multiple cities, offering the possibility of attending both in person from NH hotels that have this service and remotely from home. We also have a set of technological solutions to broadcast virtual events, integrating speakers into immersive 3D fully customized environments, virtual plane changes, dynamically live backgrounds, or even virtual travel from one venue to another.
In addition to the services and technology associated with the sets, the system includes other hotel services such as all-day coffee and tea, a mid-morning and afternoon snack, working lunch, among others, or also the possibility of sending the snack boxes to external meeting attendees.
Available in major Spanish cities
In Spain, the new initiative is available at NH Collection Madrid Colón, NH Collection Barcelona Gran Hotel Calderón, NH Málaga, NH Collection Santiago de Compostela, NH Collection Sevilla and NH Collection Villa de Bilbao. although it is possible to organize it in any city with NH presence.
Safety, the most important aspect
Together, we are now going to help you make better virtual and hybrid events with BMOTION’s high quality and safety standards and the strict Feel Safe at NH.
About NH Hotel Group
NH Hotel Group is a consolidated multinational operator and one of the leading urban hotel companies in Europe and America, operating more than 360 hotels. Since 2019, the Company has been working together with Minor Hotels on the integration of its hotels brands under the same corporate umbrella with presence in more than 50 countries around the world. This brings together a portfolio of more than 500 hotels under eight brands: NH Hotels, NH Collection, nhow, Tivoli, Anantara, Avani, Elewana and Oaks, complementing a broad and diverse spectrum of hotel offerings connected to the needs and desires of today’s global travelers.
Are you interested in holding a Hybrid event?
In these difficult times full of bad news, the Coronavirus crisis is forcing us to initiate a mandatory change towards an urgent digital transformation, to design strategies, digital infrastructures and implement them promptly in order to better fight against the expansion and new waves of COVID-19.
This pandemic has shaken up everything we had previously thought, but it has also made connectivity even more essential, because communication, access to information and online services, and the exchange of ideas with other people, businesses and organizations is one of the most important and necessary resources before a biological disaster like this one, which has forced the entire planet to isolation and paralyzation.
We are all challenged to accelerate our processes to virtual communication, to improve technology in order to enhance and facilitate communication through the Internet, and to discover that, in these times when we most need our colleagues contact, friends and clients, virtual events can be as interesting and interesting as face-to-face events are in ordinary circumstances.
Need help with your virtual event?
Attendance and participation levels at virtual events have increased 30 times over with the lockdown, causing all companies to consider this communication alternative as the only possible option during the state of alarm and the weeks that follow.
Innovative facial recognition applications are being developed around the world, tools that facilitate the data reporting such as body temperature, developments and technologies that will later be applied to many other fields, and will definitely drive the evolution and direction of attendee information in our beloved event industry.
Driven by necessity, we will use the cloud, big data and artificial intelligence applications to prevent new waves of the virus; the good part is when everything improves and we are closer to normality, we can use those same improved technologies to measure, and target information to the attendees of our face to face events, who will have a much more guaranteed ROI by being able to segment the information we offer according to their preferences, culture, geographic location and interests.